ICCRC Migration Agents Registered Authority E-Visa             
Denmark Migration
Express Entry


This page provides an outline of the most commonly used visa categories, so that potential migrants to Australia can make a preliminary assessment of their eligibility under these categories. You can even do a points test for the General Skilled migration category online! We look forward to being of service to you.

General Skilled Migration
Family Sponsorship
Business Migration
Temporary Residence
Business Sponsorship

The purpose of the skilled migration scheme is to attract people with skills, which would be of benefit to Australia. If successful in applying for skilled migration, you will be granted permanent residence. In order to be eligible for skilled migration, you or your spouse must be able to satisfy the following basic requirements:

  • Age: You must be under 45 years of age when you apply
  • English language: You must have sufficient ability in the English language for working in Australia. This is known as vocational English
  • Qualifications: You must have post-secondary (such as university or trade) qualifications, or in a small number of cases, substantial relevant work experience. You must get your skills assessed by the relevant Australian assessing body.
  • Occupation: You must nominate a skilled occupation, which fits your skills and qualifications. The nominated occupation must be in the Skilled Occupations List.
  • Recent Work Experience: Generally you need to show that you have worked in a skilled occupation for a set period of time. The amount of relevant work experience you must have is dependent on the occupation that you nominate. If you are an international student you may qualify for a waiver of this requirement.

Skilled Migration
Generally in order to qualify for skilled migration you must pass the skilled migration points test. If you have Australian relatives it may be easier for you to pass this test.

Skilled Migration - Designated Area Sponsored
If you have a relative living in a designated area, you may qualify for skilled migration even you do not pass the points test. Designated areas include the whole of Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, ACT, NT, and areas in other states outside capital cities.

If you would like us to check your likely eligibility for skilled migration please send us an e-mail enquiry. We will then provide you with a comprehensive preliminary assessment of your likely eligibility for skilled migration, and can discuss with you the best way to proceed with your application.

If you have close family living in Australia, they may be able to sponsor you for migration or permanent residence. If you are in a permanent relationship with an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you may be eligible to apply for permanent residence on spouse's grounds.

Partner Migration
If you are married to, intend to marry or live in a de-facto relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or New Zealand citizen living in Australia, your partner may sponsor you for permanent residence in Australia.

Skilled Australian Sponsored Visas
If you have relatives living in Australia, this may greatly enhance your chances of qualifying for skilled migration. You would need to be aged under 45, and be a manager, professional, associate professional or trades person to qualify.

Parent Visas
A Parent Visa enables a person with children who are Australian citizens or permanent residents to be sponsored for migration to Australia. Eligibility depends on how many children the applicant has, and how many of them are living permanently in Australia.

If you have a background in business management or high-level investment activities and are interested in investing in Australia, starting up a new business in Australia or purchasing an ownership interest in an existing Australian business, you and your family may be eligible for permanent residence status under Australia's business migration program.

Business Owner Visa

Business owner visas allow people with a significant ownership interest in a medium to large size business overseas to migrate to Australia and establish or invest in a business there.

Senior Executive Visa
Senior executives with management experience in a large overseas corporation may be granted permanent residence in Australia under this visa category. Once in Australia, they are expected to establish or make a significant investment in an Australian business

Investment-Linked Visa
Investment-Linked visas are granted to applicants who are experienced in making business investments, have access to substantial capital, and willing to make a substantial investment in an Australian Government Security for a fixed term. Once they have migrated to Australia, visa holders are expected to engage in some form of business or investment activity.

Existing Business in Australia
If you already have a significant ownership interest in an Australian business, and would be willing to take-up residence in Australia for at least nine months in order to take an active role in the management of that business. This category of business migration requires the least capital outlay.

Independent Executive Visas
If you want to establish a business in Australia, you can apply for a 4-year independent executive visa. You must show that that you intend to conduct the business as a principal and generally show that you have at least AUD$250,000 in capital available for transfer to Australia to establish your business here.

Business Visitor Visas
If you wish to visit Australia for 3 months or less to attend business meetings or to explore business opportunities, you may be interested in applying for a business visitor visa.

Apply for a temporary residence visa if you wish to stay in Australia temporarily as a student, tourist or working holidaymaker, or if you need to travel to Australia from time to time for business purposes. Student Visas

If you are an overseas resident and you wish to study at an Australian School or University you will need to apply for a Student Visa. A Student Visa can have limited work rights attached to it on application.

Short Stay Business Visas
If you are a business person who visits Australia regularly to conduct business activities, a multiple entry short stay business visa may be ideal for you. This visa will allow you to conduct business activities in Australia, so long as you don't take up a full-time position with an Australian firm, which could otherwise be filled by an Australian resident.

Company Sponsored Visas
Australia companies may sponsor employees for a temporary residence visa lasting up to 4 years. Note that it is a condition of the visa that employees apply for permission from the Department of Immigration before changing position or employer while they are in Australia.

Visitor (Tourist) Visas
If you wish to come to Australia for a holiday or a short visit, to meet family in Australia or undergo medical treatment please follow this link. A Visitor Visa holder is not permitted to work in Australia, but may study and attend short courses and seminars.

Working Holiday Visas
If you are a citizen of the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, Malta, Japan, the Netherlands, the Republic of Korea or the Republic of Ireland, and you are aged between 18 and 30 years inclusive you may be eligible for a Working holiday visa. This visa will allow you to remain in Australia for one year and work full time while traveling.

Retirement Visas
If you are over 55 years of age and have sufficient funds to support yourself, you may be eligible for a Retirement visa. This visa will allow you to remain in Australia for 4 years.

Independent Executive Visas
If you wish to come to Australia to establish a business, you may be eligible for an Independent Executive visa. This visa allows you to remain in Australia for 4 years and later become a permanent resident through the established business category.

An Australian business may sponsor an overseas resident for temporary or permanent resident status. The applicant will be granted a visa, which will allow them to travel to Australia with their family and take up a specified position with the sponsoring company. It is also possible for an overseas business to sponsor a representative to conduct business activities in Australia.

Australian Business Sponsorship - Temporary Residence
A business can sponsor an overseas employee for a visa, which may be valid for up to 4 years. The Australian sponsoring business will need to show that they have a skilled permanent position available, and that due to the nature of the position it is in the company's interest to sponsor an overseas resident to fill it. The applicant will also need to show that they have the training and experience necessary to fill the nominated position.

Employer Nomination Scheme - Permanent Residence
An Australian business may also sponsor an overseas resident for permanent resident status. The position that the applicant will fill needs to be one that would require a highly skilled person with at least 3 years formal training and 3 years post qualification work experience. Labour market testing, that is advertising of the position in the Australian labour market and consideration of any applications received, will need to be undertaken by the sponsoring business.

Overseas Business Sponsorship
Overseas Business Sponsorship enables an overseas company to establish a branch office in Australia and thereby internationalize Australia's economy. This subclass covers business activities involving an overseas connection such as joint ventures, agency distributorships and subsidiary branches. It also covers employment or business activity required to be undertaken to fulfill contract in Australia, which has been awarded, to an overseas company.

Migrate to Australia
New Zealand Migration Now Open
Copyright © Aries International, All Rights Reserved